The Fallen Slash RP 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A RPG community dedicated to gorgeous boys... and some girls too.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syn

Syn

Male
Number of posts : 9736
Location : On that damn Oscar podium, the fuckin' acting prowess I'm showing...
Registration date : 2007-10-28

The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Empty
PostSubject: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:11 pm

The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings 59sacm

Okay, I think it may be a little obvious to us all how hooked I am on this show. I'll randomly quote it everywhere, I was going to be The Hitcher for Halloween - but went out instead, my pumpkin was the monkey head, I can't walk round supermarkets without laughing anymore because of it.

I had thought it had ended after series two but luckily after I got into it, I discovered there was a third series on the way, Excited, starting on November 15th. So, this is my post dedicated to that. Where I can fangirl excitedly over random bits, post little episode reviews and new random quotes and squeal excitedly. In hope that someone who loves it as much as me may make an appearance.

I now pronounce my Boosh fangirling thread:

OPEN!

SYNOPSIS OF SERIES THREE!

The third series of THE MIGHTY BOOSH sees Vince Noir (Noel Fielding) and Howard Moon (Julian Barratt) working in Naboo's second hand shop in Dalston. Howard, unsuccessfully trying to sell his esoteric jazz records, mainly moons away the hours in delusions of grandeur while Vince lays around in a hammock playing loud music, trying on wigs and finding Howard ludicrous. Needless to say they don’t get much work done. This doesn’t bother Naboo too much, firstly as the shop is really only a cover for his shady interplanetary Shaman business and secondly, he's usually quite chilled out from sampling his own magical herbs and remedies.

EELS
Naboo and Bollo are off on the Head Shaman’s stag do, leaving Howard and Vince in charge of Nabootique. The duo challenge one another to a sales contest, each trying to sell their latest fads, Elbow Patches and The Indie Celebrity Radar. Things are going pretty well until an unexpected visit from the evil cockney Hitcher. After summoning Elsie Queen of Eels, The Hitcher demands protection money from the boys, but this is money the boys just don’t have…
[3/5 - Funny, but not the best start to a new series...]

JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF A PUNK

In an attempt to impress his new punk mates, Vince rebelliously bites Howard’s rare jazz record. Unbeknown to Vince however he has bitten off more than he can chew as the corruptive Jazz Beast enters his blood stream. As Vince’s life hangs in the balance, Naboo has no alternative but to shrink Howard and his jazz companion Lester Corncrake down to the size of a pea and send them into Vince’s body to locate and kill the invasive cell. Can they kill the Jazz Beast before it kills Vince?
[4/5 - Spectacular return to form!!!]

THE CRIMP

Vince and Howard are distraught to learn they’ve had their style stolen by The Flighty Zeus. As The Flighty Zeus’ popularity rages amongst the kids, The Boosh find themselves increasingly pushed out. The boys hope to regain their popularity with the invention of a new dance craze, Crimping, but with a massive face-off planned at The Velvet Onion, will Crimping be enough to win back their reputation?
[5/5 - Utter brilliance.]

THE STRANGE TALE OF THE CRACK FOX

Whilst putting the rubbish out, Vince befriends the Crack Fox, inviting the poor soul into Nabootique for some hot soup. However, the Crack Fox is not as he seems and after knocking Vince out with his potent smell, he vanishes with Naboo’s most precious possession, a bottle of Shaman Juice. Punishment for the loss of the juice is death and whilst Naboo awaits his fate on Shaman Death Row, it’s left to The Boosh to recover the juice and destroy the evil Crack Fox once and for all.
[3/5 - A little mediocre but still enjoyable.]

PARTY

It’s Howard’s birthday. Reluctant to celebrate, Howard finally succumbs to Vince’s plan for a huge party. With Bollo on the door, Saboo and Harrison on the decks and Vince’s uber-trendy friends on the dance floor, the party really starts to hot up. That is, until someone is caught in a compromising position with the Head Shaman’s wife in Naboo’s stock room.

SAMMY THE CRAB
Vince is MCing a night at the Velvet Onion, to be headlined by The Black Tubes. Keen to fill the shoes of their recently deceased front man, Vince goes to immense lengths to get into their obligatory drainpipe jeans, but at what price? Meanwhile Howard takes acting lessons from Montgomery Flange in an attempt to overcome his stage fright and secure work with director Jurgen Harbourmaster, but will he miss out to Sammy The Crab?

Last edited by on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=9106877
Zacky

Zacky

Male
Number of posts : 6452

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:21 pm

A thread of your ramblings?
What could be better?
Hah.
Wooo striptease
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xx_is_for_lovers_xx
Syn

Syn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:28 pm

Absolutely nothing.
Except maybe a nun sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Zacky

Zacky

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:29 pm

A nun?
Huh?
Back to top Go down
Syn

Syn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 pm

A nun sandwich.
Heh... don't ask, I'm-a rambling.
Back to top Go down
Zacky

Zacky

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Ok...ieeeeeeeeeeeee.
I am trying to find a website about Alien abductions that are true and not.
Clap
Back to top Go down
Syn

Syn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:04 pm

EPISODE REVIEWS!
[UPDATED EVERY FRIDAY]

1] EELS!
"I've had champagne on my Golden Grahams, I am STEAMING!"

This episode started out quite promisingly. Howard and Vince have to look after Naboo's shop while he and Bollo go off on a stag weekend. Like I said, it started well. The return of Saboo and Tony Harrison... and Kirk. The introduction of the incredible funny Eleanor. It was all going well until one of the best Mighty Boosh characters came back one too many times. The evil cockney Hitcher was a wicked character in the first two series and the live show. However, in this, he seemed very forced. His make up wasn't done right and you could basically tell it was just Noel Fielding painted green. He was very disappointing. That said, he did get some blinding lines ["If you weren't a geezer, I'd be raping you."] but on the whole, he was pretty much wasted. The show was better on a second viewing but it was still a pretty bad start. I'm blaming the fact they're just getting back into the characters after a good long while as themselves. It had some lines I'll be quoting for ages and it was sporadically amusing but it really wasn't great. I'll give it 3/5.

2] JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF THE PUNK!

"I did a shit on your mum, I did a shit on your mum, I did a shit on your mum and she rather liked it!"

Now this was much, much better. When Vince decides he's going to be a punk now, he bites one of Howard's priceless jazz records, this sets loose the evil Jazz Cell loose in his blood, which could kill him. The only ones who can save him are Howard and his jazz pal Lester shrunk down to miniature size and injected into Vince's body. Absolutely fucking brilliant. Very, very funny. Noel playing all the cells in his body was wicked. The receptionist in his brain was a particular favourite. Noel dressed as Amy Winehouse - awesome. And the fact he did only have one brain cell dressed in the mirrorball suit was also fantastic. Definitely made up for last weeks episode. 4/5.

3] THE POWER OF THE CRIMP!

"Spooky, spooky, spooky monkey, sitting in your flat, he's a primate junkie!"

When Vince and Howard discover their style's being stolen by 'The Flighty Zeus' and they're doing it better [well... supposedly], they have to find a way to beat the imposters once and for all. Absolute utter genius. One of the best episodes I've ever seen of this show. The Gary Numan living in a cupboard behind the counter of the Nabootique [Vince's hero], the return of Bob Fossil [complete with new dance] and a four way crimp. Pure brilliance!!! It's also the only episode where I've whooped for joy and applauded the guys. Bob Fossil has to appear in this more, it's just got to be done. He's one of my favourite Boosh characters, everytime he appears he brings a smile to my face. One of the best yet. Full marks. 5/5.

4] THE STRANGE TALE OF THE CRACK FOX!

"You know what I'm like with clothes. Remember the time I pushed that child in front of a juggernaut coz he was standing on my Topshop voucher?"

While Howard is off at Jazzercise, Vince is left to clean out the rubbish. In a huge pile of bin bags, he finds the mysterious Crack Fox. When Vince brings the Crack Fox in for some hot food, he's knocked out by said foxes fumes and when he comes to, Naboo's Shaman Juice has been stolen. Oh dear. I was very disappointed with this. It held such promise! A fox with needles for claws, the return of the Shaman council [some of the best characters ever] and suchlike. While it was still enjoyable and still got a few laughs out of me - even if they were terrible things to laugh at - it was quite a weak episode. However if it's anything like Eels, it'll improve greatly after a second viewing. The Crack Fox was actually quite creepy, half puppet/half Julian Barratt dressed as a demonic fox creature, however he was also very funny. He reminded me a little of Old Gregg except not as quotable. Love the fact Naboo and Bollo got a full song to themselves this time. And of course the brilliance of Noel Fielding as a chav/rapper shaman. What went wrong boys?! 3/5.

5] PARTY!
"I'M A MASSIVE GAYIST!!!"

Howard's turning '32' [which makes Vince 22, 2 years older than me... ahem, I don't think so] and Vince thinks they should have a huge party to celebrate. Howard however isn't so sure but eventually caves in. During a game of spin the bottle gone awry, it emerges that Howard is in fact a virgin. And who's that in the cupboard with the Head Shaman's wife? This episode was absolutely brilliant. I'd been a little worried about not enjoying it, having seen the big twist a week before. I needn't have though, it was one of the best episodes of what's been a mixed season so far. Howard and Vince's kiss on the roof was a big shocker. They've always joked about it, Vince's brain admitting he swung both ways in an earlier episode and suchlike but I'd never expected them to actually do anything about it. Kinda wish they hadn't fallen off the roof now. And Vince's disgust when Howard was breaking up with him was just great. I like how they managed to get the fangirl fantasies to come true and still do it in a typically Boosh fashion. If only other shows would take a leaf out of their book. Of course, aside from that wicked moment [which has made me desperate for Howince fic now], the episode itself was still very enjoyable. Naboo's little cookery class on hash brownies, the Head Shaman killing a bunch of chavs and the welcome return of The Moon's sense of humour. The best moment though was after the credits. I highly suggest staying tuned for that, it is fucking genius. One of the best of the series, 4/5.

6] THE CHOKES!
"It's Niagra Falls! It's a seagull! It's cheese shaped like a question mark!"

Vince wants to join the band, The Black Tubes but needs to fit into their trademark drainpipes to do so. Unfortunately with his 'short, muscular footballers legs', this is a pretty big challenge and he and Bollo go to extreme lengths to get his legs super skinny. Meanwhile, Howard wants to impress a famous arthouse director but has a serious case of 'the chokes' [stagefright]. In order to beat Sammy The Crab to a part in the directors latest film, he must take lessons from screen legend, Montgomery Flange. This was a strange episode, not as surreal as some of the other Boosh ones have been in the past. I mean, yes, there was an alcoholic crab and Jurgen Harbaamaasta's name came up on the screen everytime he appeared but it was quite tame. That said, what it lacked in glorious surrealism, it made up for in the form of Montgomery Flange. Possibly the best Noel Fielding character ever. All the wisdom of an old actor, with all the quirky insanity of the Boosh. Absolutely priceless. It's a shame he died at the end, I'd love to have seen him again at a later date. Some of Vince's schemes to get skinny legs were also very funny. Using an electric wheelchair which he couldn't control, being put on the rack by Bollo, very, very funny. Almost as funny as watching Bollo get the trousers on him, his facial expressions were priceless. His costumes were considerably toned down this week as well, just simple, gothic suits which looked very good. Sammy The Crab was a pretty amusing character, going round killing the 'Blue McEnroe Group', getting hammered and joining The Black Tubes. The episode wasn't one of the best of the series and wasn't the best way to end it, but it did still give me plenty of giggles, mainly due to the brilliant Monty Flange. 3/5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings   The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mighty Boosh Fangirlings
Page 1 of 1